Hello Lakewood! We’re catching up with you all to start this Wednesday, February 2 on an enlightened note. Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Periods of wet snow. Top: 33 Bottom: 32.
Here are today’s top stories in Lakewood:
- Most of northern Ohio, including Lakewood, will be under a winter storm warning starting Wednesday. The National Weather Service predicts that much of the region could receive between 9 and 14 inches of snow this week. (Lakewood patch)
- With a major winter storm possible this week, here’s your reminder on the city’s no-parking snow laws, shoveling responsibilities and more. (Lakewood patch)
Part of today’s Lakewood Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
From my notebook:
- Living Lakewood: “Bravo to Around The Corner in Lakewood, Griffin Cider House & Gin Bar, Humble Wine Bar, Iggy’s Bar, LBM, Mahall’s and Merry Arts Pub & Grille! We are thrilled to see these local establishments among the 50 Cleveland Magazine’s Best Bars. , Cl…” (Facebook)
- Lakewood Town Schools: “In 1926, Carter G. Woodson launched the first “Black History Week” on February 7, 1926 to celebrate and raise awareness of black history. On the 50th anniversary in 1976, the week was turned into a month-long celebration and renamed Bla…” (Facebook)
- Lakewood Rangers Educational Foundation: “Hey LHS Seniors! Don’t miss this opportunity! Don’t forget to complete and submit your LREF scholarship application. Links for the application and instructions can be found at the top of our homepage at lakewoodrangers.com. deadline for submission is February…” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Lakewood Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Chris Mosby
About me: Editor of Patch Ohio, casting my keen eye on Northeast Ohio. Feel free to message me at [email protected]