The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Department of Health and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, disease, or an environmental health hazard, including improper cooking of food or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or eating establishments were inspected recently and violations / comments include:
• Wilmington Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75 Hale St., Wilmington. July 7. Review: In the cooler within easy reach of the kitchen, a tray with cottage cheese dated June 8 to June 10 and a milk / juice tray dated June 5. All food should be properly dated and used within 7 days and should be used before expiration date. Please make sure we are using the correct dates.
The cold room door does not close properly. Dishwasher dials do not work. Temperature table used for the dishwasher. How are these temperatures taken? In the milk cooler in the hallway there is water that collects at the bottom of the cooler. The hallway floor with ice maker and milk cooler was torn up. Trash can on the floor of the cold room. RFP panel (cut piece) sitting on the counter in the dish room behind the spray nozzle. The floors in the kitchen are dirty and cracked. The floors in the kitchenette are dirty. Wall behind microwave in kitchenette not smooth and easily cleanable (something was removed and not fixed).
Tracking: approx. August 4.
• Red Zone Neighborhood Grill, 762 W. Main St., Blanchester. July 8. Received a complaint about the temperature of the installation and the water heater is not working. At the time of the visit, the installation was at 72 ° F. The hot water at the sink was 115 ° F. The employee said the maintenance man gets a new water heater A registered plumber must install a water heater.
Review: The prep cooler chopping board in the kitchen was dirty, then the food was placed on the chopping board. On the prep cooler in the kitchen, the tomatoes at 45 ° F, the hamburger patty at 55 ° F and the cooler at 50 ° F. Prepare a cooler at the waitress station, coleslaw at 42 ° F, tomatoes at 50 ° F, cottage cheese at 43 ° F, jalapenos at 45 ° F (must be kept cold at 41 ° F or below).
The salad cooler does not have a thermometer, the cooler with alcohol and fruit on the front does not have a thermometer. The employees (waitress) had their hair pulled without hair restraint. Towels on the counter. Outside the cold room around the dust-covered door. The microwave handles were dirty.
Has the hood fan been improved? New chest freezer in the kitchen. All new equipment must be approved by the health service. The hood unit must be inspected by service and must pass the inspection.
The fire inspection must be performed within 7 working days for the hood and for the orange extension to the hotplate.
Tracking: approx. 5 August.
• Engine House Pizza, Station 2, 416 E. Washington St., Sabina. July 7. Review: diced tomatoes at 52 ° F, sliced turkey at 49 ° F, prep cooler temperature display at 47 ° F (salad / sub / prep cooler). The responsible person has thrown, moved and iced certain items and is monitoring the equipment. Note: the AC unit is not functional; the air temperature in the kitchen is 90 ° F. Equipment needs adequate circulation to operate. Maintenance or replacement of equipment.
The shelves of the 3-door cooler are rusty. Light (1) does not work in the kitchen. The fire safety label is dated 2019. Safety label missing on automatic frying equipment.
• Fall Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina. July 7. The box freezer cover is badly damaged. The door seals of the 6-door cooler are not secure. Equipment must be maintained in good condition. The freezer replacement must be commercial / NSF (or similar); provide the health district with information on equipment. Ceiling lights (2 sets) not working or blinking. Hole in the ceiling above the cabinets / 3 sinks.
•We are Rolling Pretzel Co., 2825 SR 73 S, Wilmington. July 7. All employees with facial hair must wear beard retainers. The bottom of blenders (used for smoothies) is dirty. The tile in front of the mop sink is dirty and cracked.
• Metro, 2825 SR 73, Wilmington. July 7. The metro has new paint, wallpaper, shelves (?). Boxes everywhere. Used with a large beard without a beard net, hat or hair retainer. Contact the health department immediately to discuss the renovation of the two stores.
Follow-up: Yes / call.
• The Escape, 36 W. Sugartree St., Wilmington. July 8. Everything looks good.