Although the 4th of July is not a widely honored occasion in Australia, it is the perfect occasion to celebrate the quality American spirits we all know and love.
Ahead of the US holiday, twenty-two of Australia’s leading bartenders and mixologists teamed up with ‘Cheers! Spirits of the USA’ to create a free cocktail book containing a range of localized versions of cocktails that inherit American spirits.
Whether it’s Dan Gregory of The Gresham revisiting the iconic Old Fashioned, Jack Patchett of Black Bottle Bar with his adaptation of the much-loved Whiskey Sour, or Talis Heggart of Memphis Slim’s House of Blues modernization on the Lynchburg Lemonade, there’s has a recipe in this book suitable for all tastes. Plus, these recipes created by these world-class bartenders have been designed specifically for Australians to prepare and enjoy at home.
The cocktails will showcase the quality and versatility of American spirit brands including Angel’s Envy, Jack Daniels, Koval, Maker’s Mark, Old Forester, Wild Turkey, Westland, Westward American Single Malt Whiskey and Woodford Reserve.
Once you download the Fourth of July 2022 Cocktail Book, you can make these unique cocktails all year round. But for one week only, participating bartenders will also have them available on site.
To compare your favorite at-home attempt at the cocktail book with the expertly crafted version, visit the locations below in the week leading up to the US holiday: June 27-July 4.
- Simon Hopkins (Jolene’s Sydney – NSW) puts a chocolate spin on the classic Old Fashioned using Westward Whiskey.
- Dan Gregory (The Gresham Bar – QLD) presents a Woodford Reserve Goin’ Out West.
- Adam Lau (Grain Bar – NSW) develops DJ Sutherland celebrating Westland American Oak Whiskey.
- Grace Rawlins (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) uses Westland Peated Whiskey in the innovative Spicy Peat cocktail.
- Chris Garner (The Barrie – NSW) highlights Wild Turkey Bourbon in Mate of Mine.
- Ana Mitchell (The 18th Amendment Bar – VIC) creates the hero Noble Forester Old Forester Bourbon.
- Jack Patchett (Black Bottle Bar – NSW) has revisited the classic whiskey sour, a KOVAL Cranberry Sour.
- Brendon Hill (Duck Duck Goose and Gellafrenda – NSW) features Wild Turkey on his Best of the West service.
- Elisa Rodrigues (Paloma Wine Bar – QLD) reinvents the classic cocktail with a Coconut Old Fashioned based on Old Forester Bourbon.
- Zach Mynott (La Costa – QLD) creates a modern Russel’s Reserve 10 highball.
- Scott Allan (Nola Bar and Smokehouse – NSW) creates a Rye Manhattan Reservoir.
- Talis Heggart (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) located the Lynchburg Lemonade with a Jack Daniel’s Lynchburg Lowdown.
- Francesca Camili (Beneath Driver Lane – VIC) plays Wild Turkey Rye in a Sweet Valentine.
- Paudric Kennedy (Barangaroo House – NSW) uses Makers Mark in his unique Wax Lyrical cocktail.
- Ben Walsh (Jolene’s Sydney – NSW) puts a banana twist on the Old Fashioned with Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey.
- Corby Small (The Gresham Bar – QLD) creates a version of Brandy Alexander featuring Angel’s Envy.
- Nat Yao (Bar Margaux – VIC) celebrates Angel’s Envy the Australian way with his adaptation of a classic.
- Chau Tran (Burrow Bar – NSW) creates a sticky drinkable date pudding featuring Jack Daniel’s Rye.
- Subha Thapa (Frank Mac’s – NSW) features Koval Dry Gin in the Aussie Woodland Mule.
- Ari Abels (Doss House – NSW) localizes the classic with a Banana Old Fashioned featuring Westward American Single Malt.
- Aiden Rodriquez (Eau De Vie – VIC) celebrates Angel’s Envy in his Crimson Carpet creation.
- Micheal Keogh (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) celebrates the quality of the Maker’s Mark with the Ginger Blues cocktail.
Charles McEntee of the Distilled Spirits Council of the US (DISCUS), which sponsors the Cheers! The United States Spirits Campaign in Australia says, “Australia is known for having some of the most skilled and innovative bartenders, so we’re looking forward to seeing how they showcase American distilled spirits in a way that Australians will really love. It’s not often world-class bartenders team up to create free cocktail books, so we hope adults across Australia can take advantage!
To download the FREE Fourth of July 2022 Cocktail Book thanks to ‘Cheers! United States Spirits Tour https://cheersspiritsfromtheusa.com/au/cocktail-book/