Here’s the latest roundup of restaurant news in the Las Vegas Valley:
1. Double Helix Wine and Whiskey Lounge in Town Square invites customers to salute National Red Wine Day with half-bottles of wine at half price on August 28. The offerings include prosecco, bubbles, chardonnay, gamay, pinot noir, tempranillo and cabernet. Open from 4.30 p.m. to 11.30 p.m.
2. Piezza is now open at the Blue Diamond Decatur Plaza. Customers can create a personalized pizza with a choice of 13 toppings. The price of the DIY pizza is based on the weight of the final ingredients compared to the toppings. They also offer calzones, strombolis and breakfast pizzas. They also have a drive-thru.
3. Head to Las Vegas Fashion Show August 31 for National Outdoor Dining Day. Guests are invited to enjoy special dishes, watch shows and soak up the sun in their outdoor seating.
- Dunkin ‘Donuts will host a live DJ from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and offer a free donut with any purchase of large or extra-large beverage or with any purchase of milk, juice for the kids throughout the day.
- El Segundo Sol will welcome a top Spanish guitarist from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. In addition, guests can enjoy discounted drinks, chips, quesadillas and tacos from 3.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- Galpão Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse will host a Brazilian jazz band who will perform delicious melodies during the half hour. The restaurant will also offer a 20% reduction on all drinks on the terrace from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- RA Sushi will also offer delicious food and special drinks from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Somm Sundays at Ada’s Wine Bar continues with special guest sommelier Will Costello on September 5th. Costello is the Export Manager for Miller Family Wine Company & Estates and Estate Ambassador for Bien Nacido and Colomon Hills Estate Wines. Wine specials will be accompanied by special dishes from Chef Jackson Stamper. The possession will take place from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wines can be purchased by the glass or in flight. Take-out bottles are always 25% off. During the tasting, Costello will provide guests with the background, tasting notes and characteristics of each wine. Reservations are strongly recommended.
5. The 64 locations of The taverns of PT will celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5 with classic 16-inch mozzarella cheese pizzas for $ 10. Available on site or to take away. PT Taverns will also celebrate National Cheeseburger Day on September 18 with $ 6 cheeseburgers and fries.
6. Ike’s love and sandwiches celebrates International Bacon Day on September 5 by offering free bacon on any sandwich. This offer only applies to in-store sandwich purchases. Customers must mention the promotion at checkout when ordering.
7. Three ice cream experiences in Las Vegas, including ICEBAR at The LINQ Promenade, Minus5 Ice Experience at the Venetian Resort and Minus5 Ice Experience at Mandalay Bay, will celebrate National Beer Lovers Day with an ice cold beer served in their exclusive ice glasses, which in fact ensures that the beer gets colder while the guests are drinking it. Visitors can toast with a beer from their wide selection including Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Corona, Stella, Heineken, Blue Moon, Sculpin IPA and Michelob Ultra.
8. The 48th Annual Greek Cuisine Festival happening September 10-12 at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church on El Camino Road. The annual event features traditional Greek food and pastries, Greek folk dance performances, a variety of vendors, tours of the magnificent Byzantine church, and an entertainment area for children. There is also a raffle with cash prizes. Tickets cost $ 100 each for the raffle and only 1,000 will be sold.
9. Italian restaurants in Ferraro the next Taste & Learn event will feature wines from La Falezze in Valpolicella, Italy. The wine tasting event with authentic Italian small plates designed by chef Mimmo Ferraro will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on September 18. The cost is $ 90 per person.
ten. Mexican restaurant Pancho in downtown Summerlin celebrates Mexican Independence Day and National Guacamole Day with grilled pepita guacamole on September 16. It’s made with tomatoes, onions and spices, garnished with toasted pepita seeds and served with tostaditas chips. The Limited Edition Guacamole will only be available on National Guacamole Day and Mexican Independence Day, priced at $ 13.95 for lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and $ 14.95 for lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. until 7 p.m. with reduced-price selections including $ 3 off a selection of appetizers and special drinks, in addition to $ 3 off house and flavored margaritas, cocktails and house wines.
11. The patio is always open to Triple George Grill in downtown Las Vegas. It has comfortable cushions and umbrellas for shade and premium service. The Triple George Grill is known for its juicy cuts of steak, mouth-watering seafood dishes, and happy hour offerings.
12. SAHARA Las Vegas called on hospitality veterans Katherine “Lee” Lardner and chef Isaiah Utter to lead the historic opening of Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House in September. It will be the first crab house and sports bar location outside of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Lardner has over 15 years of leadership experience in multiple locations along the famous Las Vegas Strip. Utter’s most recent role was Executive Sous Chef for Avenue Café inside the MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. No opening date has been announced.
13. Eureka! in downtown Las Vegas introduced new menu items and craft cocktails. New menu items include the Ahi Tuna Poke Stack, Eggplant and Tahini Spread, Roasted Beets and Whipped Feta, Grilled Cauliflower, Double Decker Cheeseburger, and a Truffled Mushroom Cheeseburger. Their daring new cocktail is called the Headhunter King Cocktail and is said to taste like a vacation served in a tiki glass. Other cocktails include The Floor is Lava made with mezcal and Morning, Peaches made with bourbon, peach, lemon, coffee and vanilla. Eureka’s Hoppy Hour also added some extra items.
Send restaurant news to [email protected]