Cheesesteak sandwich on a flat top griddle
October 29, 2018
Everyone loves to step out into the backyard at night and enjoy cooking in a flat top griddle. It is an all-time favorite due to the ease of cooking in the flat top griddle like the one reviewed on Solid Gold Eats https://solidgoldeats.com/camp-chef-flat-top-grill-griddle-review/because of the evenness of the surface temperature and how well the heat spreads on the flat surface. This ensures that the protein you are making is perfectly done from all sides because it is just cruel to overcook or undercook it.
The first thing that comes to mind when you think of Philadelphia are the cheesesteaks and vice versa. They are actually synonymous. Every lover of these Philly cheesesteaks, I am sure there are many, needs to try making the sandwich on a griddle. It adds a whole new dimension to the process. So forget about your diet and the calories you consume and just dig in to try those juicy steaks, topped with cheese and extra wholesome, healthy veggies. Though there are now variations and a lot of variety in the market but the classic steak served with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and seasoned peppers is mouth-watering and simply amazing.
The weather is absolutely perfect to finally dust off that flat top griddle of yours because now you can try your hand t the dish with a quick and simple recipe. The prep takes around 30 minutes while the actual cooking takes about an hour.
Its main components are:
- 2 small onions
- 2 slices of cheese (cheddar or provolone as per your liking)
- Submarine rolls (cut In between/halved)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can of diced mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 pound roast beef
- Place the beef in the freezer for around 30 minutes to make it easier for you to chop the beef.
- Take the meat out and thinly chop it.
- Preheat the flat top griddle on medium heat.
- Slice the onions and red, green peppers finely.
- Put a few drops of olive oil on the griddle and put the onions on it to sauté them.
- After about 5 minutes add mushrooms and the peppers on the griddle too.
- Let them get a golden brown colour before taking them off the griddle.
- Place the thin slices of beef on the griddle now and cook on high heat until it’s done.
- Take some cheese and let it melt on top of the steaks so that it completely covers the meat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Now, take the submarine rolls that you cut in half and butter them up nicely.
- Next, Place them on the griddle so that they face down to get some colour on them too.
- Finally, to bring all ingredients together, take the sub roll and place the steak on them.
- Add the peppers, caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms on the loaf and your sandwiches are ready.